Accommodation is usually the most expensive item line on any budget traveller’s budget. From hostel dorm rooms to 5-star hotel accommodations, there are a wide range of accommodation choices to choose from in any city.
This section of the website is dedicated to listing places that I personally recommend, as well as websites that I frequently use to try and find the best frugal accommodation.
Websites I use
• AirBnB (review) – This website operates through peer-to-peer accommodation. Individuals list spaces in their homes – usually private rooms in an apartment or house. It can be a great middle ground between a hostel and a hotel in terms of price and amenities.
• Vacation Rentals By Owner
Personal recommendations (and reviews)
I have stayed in all of the places listed below, and will often recommend them to friends looking for accommodation. The links will take you directly to the website to read more information and book your stay. Eventually, every listing will have my own personal write-up and review listed in () brackets. If you would like me to expedite a review, please feel free to e-mail me and I will see what I can do.
• Toronto, Ontario: AirBnB
• Playa del Carmen: Gran Porto Real Resort
• Las Vegas, Nevada: Flamingo, Harrah’s, Marriott
• Lincoln City, Oregon: Seahorse Motel
• Maui, Hawaii: Vacation Rentals By Owner
• New Orleans, Louisiana: Place D Armes
• New York City: Vacation Rentals By Owner
• San Francisco, California: Marriott
• Seattle, Washington: Moore Hotel, Green Tortoise Hostel, Silver Cloud Hotel
• Vienna: Wombats City Hostel
• Prague: Hostel One Prague
• Amsterdam: The Bulldog Hotel
• Malaga: Oasis Backpackers’ Hostel